Welcome | Bienvenue | Bienvenido | Willkommen

Welcome to this - small, but nice - fragment of the huge thing called Web 2.0. I am a Freelancer who just graduated in tourism business studies, a diploma programme at Management Center Innsbruck (university of applied sciences) based in Innsbruck, Austria. Within my masters thesis, I was checking which potenials Social Software offer for the positioning of companies inside scenes and groups, and the generation of competitive advantages.

My blog is some sort of "playground", where I try to figure out the possibilities beeing an active user in the WorldWideWeb. As regards content, it is - in terms of Web 2.0 - a so called "mash-up", mixed up with some insights of my work and daily life. Comments and feedback are always welcome!

Sunday 22 July 2007

Web 2.0 in figures

Back on the blogo-stage, right in the middle of writing my thesis, I'd like to provide you with some interesting figures about Web 2.0, which I came across during the last couple of weeks (Yes, I've been working, I was not stretching my belly into the sun...). I'll keep this up to date as soon as new figures arise, so this is gonna be a "post in progress"...:
  • 2,5: Percentage of editors from which more than half of Wikipedia's English articles originate from [Wikipedia Germany]
  • 10: Percentage of people in Germany which have an idea of what Web 2.0 might mean (out of 90% of people, which already heard the term) [SirValUse]
  • 581: Percentage increase of YouTube's unique audience between February and October 2006 [Nielsen//Netratings]
  • To be continued...

No comments:

k.u.k. Hofbeisl zu Ischl's Fan Box